Google has gone the extra mile by continuing to expand its COVID-19 resources to help users during this pandemic; it has been truly amazing to see how quickly they have made improvements while providing options to help businesses and consumers alike.
Below we have included comprehensive resources Google has provided for the healthcare and restaurant industries, information on the postponement of the Google Ads Partners Program, Google findings on recent search behavior changes, info on the Google Ads Editor v.1.3, and more.
SEMrush Sensor shows that SERP volatility has been stable since last week. A quick scan of some of the top sites in the Winners and Losers tab provides some insights into some of the interests people have had this week while social distancing
Google Making It Easier to Connect to Virtual Healthcare
Google wants to help individuals needing services, and health care providers connect. They will be rolling out new features in both Google Search and Maps to help connect people to virtual healthcare options so they can get the services they need.
- Healthcare providers can now display a virtual care offering in their business profile.
- Those searching for services can see a link for virtual appointments in Google Search and Maps when searching for a local provider.
- Google automatically surfaces a link to the healthcare provider’s COVID-19 information page on Maps and Search so that people can easily access information updates.
- Widely available virtual care platforms are showing directly on Search, as well as the cost of a visit without insurance — this begins as a pilot in the U.S.
Related Resources for Healthcare
- See all the ways Google is helping the healthcare industry.
- Check out the Google Cloud technology infrastructure and solutions that will help with care delivery and operations.
- Review the HIPAA Compliance with G Suite and Cloud Identity information administrators need.
- See Google's health and government best practices with suggestions on updating websites.
- Learn how to create COVID-19-related posts on GMB pages for health providers.